Reason Viral diarrhea Rota.
- Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhoeal disease in infants and young children and is one of the types of the virus causing the infection is commonly called stomach flu, although unrelated to influenza. It infects and destroys cells in the small intestine and causes gastroenteritis.
- Rotavirus is the virus can survive in the environment should have the possibility of infection is very high. Diarrhea caused by the virus spreads very quickly, Rota mainly through the fecal-oral route and hand-mouth, be disposed according to the patient’s stool and very long in existence, in hand, on the floor, the object … is infected.
- In the first 5 years of his life, nearly every child has been infected with the virus rota at least once. However, with each infection, immunity develops, and again the times less serious than the next infection. There are five types of this virus, referred to as A, B, C, D and E Rota type A is the most common type, causes more than 90% of the ca virus rota in person.
- ROTA virus rarely causes other complications.
Viral diarrhea Rota.
How to identify children with diarrhea caused by Rota.
After infection of about 24 hours to 48 hours, the child begins to have the expression such as fever, vomiting and then diarrhea. Note: diarrhea due to Rotavirus differs from the form of diarrhea is before the child has diarrhea and vomiting will occur as high fever, the mother should be differentiated with the form of diarrhea often.
- Once the child has viral infection, has an incubation period of size two days before symptoms appear, the disease starts with the following expression:
Vomiting and diarrhea are the outstanding characteristics of viral diarrhea ROTA.
- Vomiting often appears before diarrhea 6-12 hours and can last about 2-3 days. Children with fevers, vomiting and then diarrhea. Liquid stool around, at lilac flowers (live, blue, foam mucus).
- Diarrhea & vomiting up to about 20 times per day. This symptom leads to losing of water and electrolytes. The illness usually lasts from 3 to 8 days, some cases can last up to 2 weeks.
- Age may also be infected, the disease usually occurs at Rota in children from 6 months to 2 years. And with the aforementioned symptoms, not just the diarrhea is caused by a virus Rota where the Spanish mother.
- Before the diarrhea children are fever and vomiting, after 1-2 days to go on both 20 times is a sign of new viral diarrhea Rota. Statistics show that the affected child diarrhea due to rotavirus at least 1 times in first 5 years of life. In Vietnam, most of diarrhea caused by rotavirus fall in ages from 4-17. This is the cause of the hospitalization of over 50% ca severe diarrhea in young children.
Dehydration occurs more commonly in the ROTA virus infection than most cases of bacterial infection. Because diarrhea when viral infection ROTA, older will lose more water than the other children, diarrhea cases just water loss due to a fever, dehydration caused by vomiting and dehydration when going out much.
Treatment of viral infection is the most important acute ROTA to maintain water balance in the patient’s body (electrolyte water clearing). If not timely water clearing, the child can deaths the amount of water in the body to lose too much. The cap at the hospital, water electrolytes will be passed to the child into a vein or taking the tube placed through the nose, in which the concentration of electrolytes and blood sugar levels are controlled.
Note: When children with diarrhea caused by the virus ROTA, antibiotic use did not have the effect of mitigating the disease which can also exacerbate the situation. To distinguish viral diarrhea ROTA or another agent is usually based on the symptoms mentioned above and confirmed by laboratory tests.
Vaccines viral diarrhea room Rota
To prevent viral diarrhea should drink for Rota, vaccines, but vaccines are only effective for children under 6 months of age. This vaccine helps the child against gastrointestinal inflammatory disease caused by virus Rota within 2 years of his life. Currently, the viral diarrhea vaccine ROTA has not been updated on the extended immunization program.
The vaccines prevent viral diarrhea, Rota:
- VACCINES and ROTARIX-Belgium: must drink 2 batches, separated by at least 1 month. The last batch must drink before the baby was 6 months old. Rotarix vaccine used for children to drink in stages 2-5 months old. The child can use the first vaccine doses since it was 6 weeks old. Older second dose 1 dose of a way for at least 4 weeks.
- VACCINES and ROTATEQ-of America have to drink 3 batches, separated by at least 1 month. The last batch must drink before the baby is 32 weeks of age.
- The baby on the new December started drinking only drink was kind of Rotarix Rotateq without the drink. the possibility of permanent protection for up to 3 years after inoculation.
The note when kids drink vaccines:
The FDA recommends for the first dose in the range between 6-12 weeks of age can ensure the effectiveness of the drug. Side effects of smoking prevention of Rotavirus do children with anorexia, diarrhea, fever, sore throat, runny nose. However, neither the child would also be taking drugs but there are 5-15% of children with so after injection.
There is no way to prevent side effects and the side effects only occur a few days to 2 weeks “
If the child threw up and reflux right after taking the vaccine, the dose should be replaced immediately.
Shouldn’t the mother feeding before and after taking the vaccine.
How to drink is the best vaccine for children based on the dorsal heart mother, put vaccine in the in the cheek to drink the amount of vaccine.
Should defer to the vaccine for children to drink are sick, high fever or older are diarrhea, vomiting.
Should children drink vaccines preventing diarrhea Rota?
Very effective vaccines to prevent the disease, but not in age it also brings high efficiency. The parents need to know this before you go for a drink to get the highest preventable effects.